Illinois Felony and Misdemeanor Defense Attorneys
DuPage County, Cook County and Will County Criminal Defense Lawyers
The defense attorneys at the Oak Brook law office of McPherson Harry & Associates, P.C., are dependable, they listen to you, and help you get through difficult times if you've been charged with a felony or misdemeanor crime.
You are not alone.
You have rights and we're here to protect them, in negotiations and in criminal courts in the Chicago area. Contact our criminal defense law firm at 630-472-9700 for a free consultation. We defend people facing any type of criminal charge - and we take misdemeanor charges seriously. We can help you understand the charges against you and the possible sentence you may be facing.
- DUI: We will defend you against both the criminal charges and the administrative hearing that could cause you to lose your license.
- Traffic violations: One traffic ticket may be manageable, but two or three and you are facing significant fines and could lose your license. We defend on any traffic ticket, including driving on a suspended license, school zone violations, seat belt violations, speeding tickets, and construction zone violations
- Shoplifting: Many people think that if they cooperate with the store or sign a statement admitting guilt that they will not be charged with a crime. It's not true. In many cases the police will be called anyway. Before you say anything to store personnel or the police, talk to a lawyer.
- White collar crimes: Many different types of financial crimes fall under the category of white collar crime, including writing a bad check and identity theft. The consequences can be severe. Contact an attorney immediately.
- Drug crimes: Even a first conviction for simple possession can have serious consequences when it comes to school, financial aid, and employment.
- Sexual offenses: Get a defense lawyer working on your case immediately. Many sex crime charges carry the possibility of having to register as a sex offender.
- Assault and battery and domestic violence charges can show up in a criminal record check and make it difficult to find housing or prevent you from owning a gun. We take these charges seriously.
- Weapons charges can come from mishandling a legal handgun, as well as from using a weapon in the commission of a crime. We can help in either situation.
Is a criminal charge or a prior conviction hurting you at work or when seeking an apartment? Ask us about expunging or sealing a criminal record.
For quality, affordable legal help, contact our criminal defense lawyers for a free consultation. We will protect your rights!
McPherson Harry & Associates, P.C.