Illinois Weapons Charges Defense Attorney
DuPage County Gun Charges Defense Lawyer
- Did you have a gun concealed on your person or in your car?
- Did you forget to renew your expired FOID card?
- Were you found to have a gun after you were convicted of a felony or domestic battery?
- Did an order of protection against you result in your arrest on a weapons charge?
- Were you found in possession of a gun in Illinois, regardless of the fact you possess the gun legally in your home state?
- Did you use a weapon to commit a crime? (Having a weapon in your possession while committing a crime - even if you didn't use it - can get you charged with a weapons violation).
- Was your son or daughter caught in possession of a star or brass knuckles?
Whether you were charged with violating the Illinois unlawful use of weapons law for possessing firearms in an unlawful manner, or for using something as a weapon when committing another crime, you need a strong defense. We can handle any type of unlawful use of a weapon case, including those involving felons in possession of weapons, people carrying weapons to prevent burglaries or to protect themselves while out and about. No matter what the situation, we are happy to help.
Unfortunately, ignorance of the law is not something the police consider a good excuse. Even if you were not violating any laws in your home state, you could be charged with unlawful use of weapons in Illinois. A conviction for unlawful use of a weapon can come with very serious penalties. Any time a gun is used in a crime, the possible criminal penalties are dramatically increased. It's harder to get charges reduced or dismissed. Jail time jumps to prison time and prison time gets longer. That's why it's so important to get an experienced defense lawyer working on your case as soon as possible.
Contact the law office of Kathryn L. Harry & Associates, P.C., for a free initial consultation. Skillful legal defense doesn't have to cost your life savings. We provide affordable criminal defense services to people in DuPage County, Cook County, Will County and Kane County, Illinois.
Over 15 Years Criminal Defense Experience
With years of criminal trial experience, our defense lawyers are dedicated to resolving your case as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. We work with you to develop an effective defense strategy to get an acquittal, to reduce the charges against you, or to minimize negative consequences of a conviction.
For quality, affordable legal services, contact our criminal defense lawyers for a free consultation. We will protect your rights!
Kathryn L. Harry & Associates, P.C.